The L’Agulhas Lighthouse, representative of safety and danger, stands proud on the most southern tip of Africa, within the confines of the Agulhas National Park. Its relentless presence has aided many sailors traversing the Indian and Atlantic Oceans around the “Coast of Needles” since its light first shone on 1 March 1849. This beacon of hope was declared a National Monument in 1973. Officially named “Cape Agulhas Lighthouse” it was the third lighthouse to be built in South Africa, based on the Pharos of Alexandria and is the second oldest still operational.
There are no reviews yet.